Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to install a bitcoin wallet on my phone prior to arriving at the ATM?
Yes. There are many good wallet apps out there, we suggest Edge Wallet. These apps can be found in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
When I get to the ATM, how do I use it?
- Push the “Buy select the coin you would like to buy” button on screen.
- The ATM will ask whether you want to enter your phone number OR scan a government-issued ID (driver’s license), make a selection.
- If you choose to enter your phone number, you will receive a text message with a code, enter that code into the machine when prompted.
- Next the machine will ask you to scan your wallet. You will need to install a cryptocurrency wallet app on your phone prior to arriving at the ATM (we suggest Edge Wallet).
- Open up your digital wallet app. Depending on which wallet app you have installed, you might need to choose “receive coin selected earlier” or similar to cue the app to display a QR code on your phone. For Edge Wallet you need to select the cryptocurrency you are purchasing on the app then select “Request” to show your receiving QR code. Scan your wallet’s QR code by placing it under the ATM scanner when prompted.
- Enter cash into the cash acceptor, it should blink green.
- Hit “Finalize transaction”. That’s it! The bitcoins will be sent immediately to your phone.
Will I receive my bitcoins right away?
Yes, the transaction should post almost immediately however the bitcoin has to be sent to you on the Bitcoin network called the blockchain. Depending on the wallet you are using the wallet may require 3-6 confirmations before the bitcoin is actually deposited in your wallet and spendable. Each confirmation could take up to 10 minutes.
Do I need to buy a whole bitcoin, or can I buy a fraction of a bitcoin?
No, you do not need to buy a whole bitcoin. We can sell you as little as $1 worth of bitcoins at the ATM. This amounts to a small fraction of a whole bitcoin, but this is not a problem because bitcoins can be divided into tiny pieces, the smallest being 0.00000001 BTC.
I want to sell bitcoins, does the machine allow me to sell my bitcoins for cash?
We operate both one-way and two-way versions of the ATM. The one-way version allows you to buy bitcoin with cash, but does not dispense cash. The two-way version allows you to both buy and sell bitcoin, litecoin, and bitcoin cash. Check the ATM Locations page to see if the ATM near you is a one-way or two-way ATM.
Do I need to bring anything with me when I go to the ATM?
Please bring either a cell phone capable of text messaging or a valid government-issued ID (driver’s license). For transactions over $1,000, ID is required.
What cash denominations does the machine accept?
All cash denominations ($1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100) are accepted by the machine.
Does the ATM accept credit or debit cards?
Currently we only accept cash as a form of payment.
I have another question, how can I contact you?
If you have any additional questions, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (305) 702-0115